Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Have Some Fudge



As you can see, I've been avoiding this blog. Perhaps its because I've gained a couple of pounds from Holiday eating - ugh!! My friend, "Nurse Happy Sunny Day", who is a marathoner and soon to be an ultra marathoner decided to fast from white sugar during December with the exception of Christmas Day. That was an incredible strategy! As a matter of fact, she picked up the white sugar fast idea from me, though I have never been brave enough to do it during the entire month of December. The first time I did it, it was for the summer. That was the summer I lost 35 lbs and felt great. I've also done it different time periods during winter months, but never all of December. Anyway, unfortunately I did not follow her example, however, I am still probably 10lbs less than I was last year at this time. I went back to my December posts to try and find a weight, but all I could find was a post entitled "Holiday Gluttony, Drowning in Lard" from Dec 23. I didn't put up a link to it because it was not one of my better days ;-)
Honestly, I contemplated working on weight loss this month but decided better of it. Not because I'm avoiding it, okay maybe I'm avoiding it a little. Really, once I hit the 130's I just can't lose weight without a lot of work. That's okay. I am slowly learning that maintenance is a big challenge in itself. Losing weight is fun. Once you start doing it, the pounds keep dropping. Maintaining doesn't give you any prize at the bottom of the cereal box. Its just maintaining - nothing exciting. Anyway, my point is that I'm not going to work horribly hard to lose a few pounds over December. In January, EVERY BODY and His BROTHER will be trying to lose weight. The stores will all be selling wonderful weight loss stuff on sale and everybody will be starting new diets, weight loss blogs and exercising like the Dickens. I think that's when my momentum will be a little easier to find. Until then, I'm NOT going to pig out. I'm going to strategize and make a great plan for 2011. Until then, don't be hard on yourself. Enjoy the fudge, just don't enjoy 6 pieces of it. Learn moderation because when all is said and done, its what you will have to live with if you don't want to be a human yo-yo :-) Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such a good reminder! I try to keep those goodies out of the house most of the time, but this time of year it isn't easy! I really need to cut out the white sugar, I love it in my hot tea, not iced which I like with very little. The only bad thing is my tummy does not like honey so early in the morning until after I've eaten. This coming from someone who has honeybees! Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I've been enjoying looking at your photos, what a wonderful area to live in! Well, it is time for me to take time to do some book reading now so I better get with it!

    ReplyDelete