Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hold On!



It's been a challenging weekend, but I came out okay. We had friends over for dinner and I made enchiladas. I made the tortillas from scratch and used 3/4 whole wheat flour. They turned out pretty good. The filling meat was lean elk burger with seasoned beans I'd cooked in a crock pot. Then I put a garnish out of avocado, tomatoes, butter and romaine lettuces, red onion, red pepper, salsa and sour cream. I also made some corn bread on the side (sweetened with pear sauce). I really wanted to take a picture of them but my camera system is temporarily down until next week.
My girlfriend, Mist, was over while the guys were out hunting. As a special treat to have in the hot tub, I made smoothies sweetened with maple syrup using frozen cherries, coco powder, huckleberries, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Oh they were decadent and without the bad stuff. I could live on those. I just can't wait to start taking pictures again with some of my infamous "dump" recipes. At least I can blog out a few ideas ;-)
As I was sitting here attempting to blog, Moonbeam climbed up on the table and stuck peanut shells and crayons in the left over cornbread saying "Happy Birthday". It wasn't all that long ago we had cake with candles in it for Super Catman's birthday. I guess peanut shells and crayons are her best version ;-) Again, would have liked to photograph that one. Okay okay I admit it, I am addicted to photographing...... Not sure how I will survive until next week but I will try to be brave ;-)
I did come awfully close to blowing my weekly system, though. As I said, I'm trying to go 7 days of whole/cleaner/healthier foods with 1 day of regular eating after each week. So, I am reserving the sugary treats for then. Anyway, Mist was craving chocolate and I was going to let her (okay encourage her) to bake us a torte. She ended up not doing it - whew! It would have been okay and I would have kept on going. I know that times come up when special treats or meals are available and I'm not going to all freak out about it. Mainly, I'm just trying to develop habits of eating better (and lose weight). If I start training myself to think hard before making white flour/pasta/white sugar type offenders, hopefully in the long run I will do less of it. That's pretty much how I lost and kept off the first 41 lbs. I quit eating white sugar for 3 months. I also ate a lot healthier, drank more water, etc.. After that, things were different. My habits all changed and some of them never changed back. Others changed back slowly. Here's a good thought to leave you with. My friend "From MN" told me this probably 15 years ago and its always stuck :
Choices Lead To Habits and Habits Lead To Destiny.

2 comments:

  1. You're so inspiring, outdoor.mom.

    We got the girls a soccer ball and kicked it around yesterday morning with Nana and Papa. (I was thinking of you and knew you'd be pleased!) We all had a blast! We need to get one for them, now!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just wanted to drop by and tell you that you were one of my free cheese winners: http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2010/11/winners-winners-everywhere.html

    Shoot me an email and tell me where you want the cheese (and don't say "My mouth!")

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete