Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

"Fish Princess" and I swam across a bay at Koocanusa

Miss Moona feasts on Goat Girls organic Greens right out of the garden :-)



Me testing out the new wet suit :-)





First off with my terrible confession......this is rather..er.. difficult... errr.... i think i went a week without doing any sit ups.... oh that was painfull. Okay, now onto better news....



It WAS a super fun couple of weeks since my last post. I DID get in a 4 miler and 7 miler run before my company arrived. Then our family had an AWESOME week of fun with them. Every waking moment was FULL! From fireworks to lakeside life to games to hikes the fun never stopped. But I am reminded (via my blog and a little squish) that its time to get back to work!! I could party all summer, but if i did, I'd lose a lot of ground. Here's some proactive things I've been doing since all the fun.....



1. made a great wild rice and trout dinner for my guests at the last "party" so it was a healthy fiesta!



2. been making DAILY healthy organic fruit smoothies for the fam!




3. 7 mile run last night (met a moose)! ugh :-)




4. restarted my sit ups regime...




5. several days at the lake - got in some distance swims.....




6. THE ARCHER AND I REGISTERED FOR THE LONG BRIDGE SWIM!!

ooohhhhh the pressure is on now ;-) I'm always THRILLED when i can pass some form of passion for fitness down to my kids!



7. Hubby and I did an 11 mile bike ride together :-)



8. More fun athletic endeavors in the works!! Mojo is rising......



I see a lot of backpacking and camping in the near future too - which always burns alot of calories minus the hot dog and s'more factor ;-) There is NOT MUCH i'd rather be doing than hanging out at some remote sandy beach and frolicking in the water! I'm such a nature girl tho i never used to be! Really, everything is there. You just gotta see it. The forest is full of romance and privacy. Running, Hiking, Swimming and sunshine pulls out those happy endorphins and burns calories galore. Feasting on Huckleberries, fish and other Forrest edibles are naturally organic, naturally balanced..... Bathing in the fresh mountain lakes is exhilarating. A little lupine is intoxicating perfume....wild forest mint to freshen your breath before kissing your lover. I know i know - i'm getting corny on camping - lol!!



Anyhoo..... My wet suit is working out well, tho the lakes have been warm enough without it. My new bike is working good too. Still need to post one of those pics ;-) I'm excited about my new bikini toooooooo. My husband specified the cut and style he wanted and I ordered it from venus - fun!! I Love being married to you toytrkman!!


And so now you've agonized in my defeats, and shared in my thrills of victory for the week ;-) Till next time.............







No comments:

Post a Comment