I have a lot to be proud of. Its been 11 weeks and counting since I started counting calories and logging them in. I started off at 139 and I was at 122 weighing in today. I am hoping I can shave off just a few more before Hawaii, but I am getting close. As I said, BORING with a CAPITAL B with writing down calories, but I have a selective memory when it comes to being hungry. If i don't write it down, I have a harder than heck time remembering that I need to STOP!!
Here's a running list of whats been working for me :-) Maybe if you stumble across it will help you......
- LOG CALORIES
- Force yourself into diversity. That means i don't get to eat 1000 calories of pizza and nothing else. I make myself to eat a salad, fruit, dairy, nuts and seeds, varied vegetables, lean protein, yogurt and cheese pretty much every day.
- Take vitamins (b is my fav)
- Drink and log H20 (I'm doing about 80 oz a day)
- Take a mandatory day off from counting calories every few weeks for sanity.
- minimize breads, maximize proteins and veggies.
- Running in the snow few days a week
- Zumba weekly when possible
-Insanity Workouts (i'm warning you they are hellish)
-Weight Lifting every week
-Almost every night 200 variety crunch regime, push ups and planks (DOUBLE YUCK!)
A Few Encouraging Moments :
- When my husband complimented my arms in a work out T
- When I climbed up this wall (pic above). The last time I was there, I couldn't get to the top.
- The fun time I had hiking up a mtn and boarding down with my friend and daughter in photos above. It made me feel empowered :-)
- Putting on clothes and not automatically trying to find ways to conceal bulge - a weird feeling.